As the Director of Web Services at SMWC, I manage all aspects of the college’s WordPress environment. This includes daily upkeep of the 400+ page website, regular improvements and bug fixes to our custom ACF-powered theme, analytics and user experience monitoring, and content updates.
Major projects include:
- Adding new page templates for paid traffic and giving campaigns
- Refactoring large portions of the theme codebase to reduce server load, remove redundant code, and utilize new technologies (i.e. grid, native lazy loading)
- Implementing sitewide performance tweaks
- Fixing accessibility issues
- Making targeted SEO improvements